DATASETS PUBLICATION SUPPORT
**With the aim of enhancing the registered data in the ABCI Datasets, AIST will implement a program to support users who wish to release their research data generated using the ABCI. ABCI users who apply and are approved for this program will be provided with the ABCI points necessary to store their research data in the ABCI Cloud Storage free of charge on the condition that they register their research data in the ABCI Datasets. **
This program is open to all ABCI users with a valid ABCI account.
ABCI Cloud Storage is available in 1TB increments. Specifically, one ABCI Group will be provided with the ABCI points necessary to store eligible data in ABCI Cloud Storage until the end of the fiscal year.
Capacity of Storage and Provision Method
- A minimum of 1TB and increments in 1TB will be provided.
- One ABCI Group will be provided to store the target data in ABCI Cloud Storage.
- This ABCI Group will be provided with the ABCI points required to store the subject data until the end of the fiscal year.
- The required ABCI points are calculated by approximating 1TB/month as 3 ABCI points.
Storage Provision Period
- The maximum term for a single application is until the end of the fiscal year.
- By renewing the application at the end of the fiscal year, you can continue to use the service for the following fiscal year.
Conditions for storage provision
- After uploading your data to the ABCI Cloud Storage, please register it to the ABCI Datasets as soon as possible.
- In principle, we ask that you release the data without any access restrictions, but you can use the ABCI Cloud Storage functionality to limit the number of users to whom the data can be released. In such cases, please register your data in the ABCI Datasets and clearly indicate the contact information.
Please download the application forms below.
We accept applications all year round.
The start date of storage use depends on when applications are received.
- April 1 to January 31 of the next year: Start of use within the fiscal year
- Febrary 1 to March 31: Start of use in the following fiscal year
Please fill out the application form and Appendix 1 of the application documents and submit them via email to the address below.
Email address for submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be notified of the screening results by email.
The review will be conducted by the Review Committee established within the ABCI Dataset Public Access Support Review Committee, which will review the documents and discuss the results.
The main items to be reviewed are as follows
- Originality, academic or social impact of the data
- Potential for breakthrough results in the field of artificial intelligence and big data utilization through the use of the data.
- Required storage capacity, realism and appropriateness of the storage utilization plan, and scope and conditions of data release.
Procedures after Approval
After the review, applicants with approved proposals will be notified of the results and provided with an ABCI Group to use ABCI Cloud Storage under this program. Using this ABCI Group, please follow the procedures below to prepare for data release.
- Add ABCI accounts of crews and related parties to the ABCI Group.
- Setup ABCI Group to start using ABCI Cloud Storage
- Uploading Data to ABCI Cloud Storage
- Set access control for uploaded data
- To publish your data without any restrictions -> Public Access
- To restrict access to specific cloud storage accounts only -> >Policy
- ABCI Datasets Registration Application
Results Report and Continuation Application
Around February, the ABCI operation staff will contact users with a report and a request to submit a continuation application for the next fiscal year. Please submit the reports and applications by the designated due date.
- All users of the program are required to write and submit an implementation report in the format specified by AIST.
- The contents of the report are expected to include the details of the implementation and examples of data application (including papers).
- Only those users who wish to continue to use the storage services provided by this program in the next fiscal year should submit a continuation application form. Please use the same documents as the application form for the continuation application.
- If there are any changes to the application after approval (e.g., change of applicant, request for change of storage capacity, etc.), please submit a change application. Please use the same documents as the application form for the change request.
- Intellectual property rights and management responsibility for data released under this program belong to the user.
- The Program does not prevent authorized users from publishing their data elsewhere. If you publish your data elsewhere, we ask that you include a link to the page of the ABCI Datasets containing the data in question.
- For the purpose of checking the usage of ABCI Cloud Storage under this program, the ABCI Group providing the data will include several ABCI operation staff members as Group Administrators.
- If data processing using ABCI computation nodes is required for data release under this Program, the cost of such data processing shall be paid separately by the user.
- If you apply for data release with a limited scope of release, your application may be denied if the conditions of use of the relevant data by a third party are deemed to be extremely restrictive.
- The operation of ABCI Cloud Storage and ABCI Data Sets is not permanent and may cease to operate within a few years. Users are responsible for preparing and considering their own data storage location and catalogs after the services are terminated.