ABCI System Update and Changes in Computing Resources and Storage for FY2023
Notice of ABCI System Update and Changes in Computing Resources and Storage for FY2023.
- System Update Schedule
- Upper limit on the number of inodes in ABCI Group Area
- Termination of service for the Memory-Intensive Nodes
1. System Update Schedule
Refer to the "System Update (2023-04-07)" in the ABCI User’s Guide for software that will be out of service or upgraded in FY2023.
- Please note that if you re-submit the same job after the system update, it may behave differently than before.
2. Upper limit on the number of inodes in ABCI Group Area
The upper limit for the number of inodes in the ABCI Group Area will be set at 200 million starting in April 2023.
The maximum upper limit for disk usage of ABCI Group Area is 250 TB, the same as in FY2022.
If you wish to use more than 200 million inodes or more than 250 TB of disk space, please submit an application as described below.
- For more information about checking the number of inodes, please refer to the "Checking Disk Quota".
- For details on how to apply for an increase the quotas, please refer to "Quotas for Group Areas".
- Applications for the increase quotas for FY2023 is scheduled to begin on Mar 10, 2023.
- If you contact us by Mar 17, 2023, we plan to make the increased inode limit available immediately after the maintenance in early Apr 2023.
- If you contact us after that date, we will gradually increase the inode usage limit. Until then, please understand and accept that the inode limit is 200 million.
Please note that after April 2023, ABCI groups using the number of inodes exceeding the inode quota will not be able to create new files and directories.
3. Termination of service for the Memory-Intensive Nodes
The compute resource types rt_M.large and rt_M.small provided on the memory-intensive nodes will be out of service on Fri, Oct 27, 2023, 3:00pm.